Significant text changes
Making significant changes to fact-checking materials, namely:
- additions that clarify the information and significantly change the essence of the information being verified;
- change/addition of the verdict on one or several points;
- making changes in connection with the disappearance/deletion of the data source;
- additions in connection with newly discovered facts and/or statistics.
for the Editorial office it is obligatory to perform the following actions:
- publication of a message about the update and its brief description at the beginning of the material, repost (republishing) the material on social networks with a message about the update with a short description;
- in the event of an editorial error (unreliable or incorrect source) or a significant technical error (for instance, mistakes in numbers, full name, etc.) – a repost (republishing) of the material on social networks is required with a message about changes and additions with a public apology to readers;
- in case of a change of verdict – with a public apology to the readers and the author of the statement.
Minor changes to the text
When making minor changes:
- correction of spelling and grammatical errors and typos in the text;
- an insignificant correction for the verdict, which does not change the essence of the material by adding no more than one paragraph in volume (new sources clarifying/confirming information, additional clarification of the verdict, etc.)
In case of minor changes, the editors leave at their discretion the publication of a message about the update and republishing of the material on social networks.
These rules apply to all factchecking materials and investigations of the website and do not apply to the section of the site in which media criticism is published. Nevertheless, in case of discovering open data that categorically refutes the information contained in the media criticism, the editors undertake to make additions in accordance with the clause on making significant changes to these rules.
Any use of materials is allowed only if there is a hyperlink to Factcheck.kg.